This year for Valentine’s Day, I’d like to encourage everyone to skip on the long lines at your favorite restaurant or bar for Valentine’s Day and try your hand at a creating a custom cocktail for you and your love. Whether you want to recreate your favorite bar treat at home, riff on a classic cocktail or create an all new elixir, creating
A few tips on creating your own cocktail:
- Keep it Simple – creating something new? Stick to 1 or 2 primary ingredients, along with a few solid mixers or accents.
- Garnish – Don’t forget to garnish, nothing spiffs up a cocktail like a stuffed olive or twist (for added style points, try a burnt orange or lemon twist)
- Splurge on the Good Stuff – Valentine’s Day is a great excuse to pick up a top shelf bottle.
- Fresh Ingredients – Make your own fresh juice, simple syrup or other ingredients. Can’t make it yourself? Try to buy something made locally.
- Chill Your Glass – It’s amazing how the small details can make your cocktail creation even better. A cold glass will keep a straight up cocktail cool longer.
Need help finding the perfect cocktail? Check our cocktail recipes section. Let me know how you do!