In March, we attended a VERY fun Four Roses charity cocktail challenge, where San Francisco bartenders competed to win the title of best of the best. The event raised $300 for the San Francisco Food Bank.
Master bartender Eric Rickey from %ABV was recently named the San Francisco finalist in the Four Roses Charity Cocktail Challenge, with his Dead Italian Cocktail. Eric will compete with bartenders from 7 other cities for a chance to spend a day with Four Roses’ Master Distiller Jim Rutledge. You can vote on the winner by visiting the Four Roses Facebook page, watching each mixologist’s video and selecting your favorite.
Dead Italian Cocktail
- 1 1/2 oz – Four Roses Small Batch Bourbon
- 3/4 oz – Dry Oloroso Sherry
- 3/4 oz – Cynar
- 2 dashes – Angostura Bitters
- Combine ingredients in a mixing glass over ice. Stir.
- Serve up in a chilled coupe glass with an expressed lemon twist.