- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 jalapeno (sliced length wise)
- Combine sugar and water in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until sugar dissolves (liquid will ‘clear up’)
- Add sliced jalapeno (don’t touch your eyes after touching jalapenos!) bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low. Cook (keeping a watchful eye!) for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain syrup carefully (it’s probably still hot) and cool completely. I put mine in mason jars, but any airtight container will work. Will keep for approx. 2 weeks in refrigerator.