One of my favorite things about living in San Francisco, is the Saturday Farmer’s Market at the Ferry Building. On a recent visit, I picked up some dried lavender from Eatwell Farms.
The subtle floral flavor of Lavender simple syrup pairs very well with the sweetness of bourbon cocktails, especially those with fresh lemon juice or berries. Also, this syrup goes really well with non-boozy lemonade on a warm day.
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 up sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lavender (fresh or dried)
- Combine lavender, sugar and water in a small pan
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low.
- Cook until sugar is fully dissolved
- Remove from heat. Allow to steep, uncovered, for 15 minutes
- Strain syrup carefully using a fine mesh strainer (it’s probably still hot) and cool completely.
Note: I put mine in glass (mason) jars, but any airtight container will work. Will keep for approx. 2 weeks in refrigerator.
Coming soon… a new cocktail to take advantage of your lavender simple syrup.
One thought on “Lavender Simple Syrup Recipe”