Your origin story is important. There is single whiskey cocktail that inspired the creation of this blog. I’ll admit, the night was magical – it was on our honeymoon, on our last night in Hawaii (I know, so spoiled) and we were having cocktails at Honolulu’s amazing Pint+Jigger Gastropub and stumbled upon the Whiskey a ChoCho. In fact, this tasty rye cocktail inspired my first cocktail experiments involved testing out various ingredients to mimic this cocktail.
Here’s the closest we got to figuring it out:
Whiskey a ChoCho Recipe
- 3 oz. rye whiskey (We used Old Overholt!)
- 3/4 oz. Carpano Antica vermouth
- 1/4 oz. Fernet Branca
- 3 dash chocolate bitters
- Served with chocolate and vanilla infused salt
- Cherries (optional, only if you really like sweet stuff)
1. Combine vermouth, bourbon, and bitters over ice in mixing glass, stir gently.
2. Dip chocolate into salt, sip cocktail, eat chocolate.
3. Drink. Repeat