Hey parents! Are you feeling a little stressed out by the back to school rush? This light and refreshing Raspberry Lemon Spritzer will help you get back to your carefree, chilling-by-the-pool, summer-vibe we all miss come the end of September.
A good back-to-school cocktail for busy parents should be refreshing, easy to make, and not too strong, since we’ve got kids to keep track of after all 😉 Here’s a simple and delightful option:
Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade Spritzer
- 2 oz raspberry vodka*
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup (adjust to taste)
- Sparkling water or club soda to taste
- Fresh raspberries and lemon slices for garnish
- Ice cubes
- Fill a tall glass with ice cubes.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the raspberry vodka, fresh lemon juice, and simple syrup. Shake well to combine.
- Strain the mixture into the ice-filled glass.
- Top off the glass with sparkling water or club soda to your desired level, usually about 2-3 ounces.
- Gently stir to combine.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and a lemon slice.
- Serve and enjoy!
This cocktail is light, fruity, and perfect for sipping as you unwind after a busy day of shuttling your little darlings back and forth to school and activities. If you prefer a non-alcoholic option, you can omit the vodka and make a delightful raspberry lemonade spritzer for the whole family to enjoy.
*Note: This is the easy after-a-long-day version, you can of course use fresh raspberries and regular vodka if you prefer.