I admit it, I’m obsessed with all things purple. I’ve got several shades of purple in my hair, I adore the color in nail polish, food and pretty much everything in between. It’s so bad that when we got married last month, our color scheme was shades of purple (or purple ombre as it’s called in the wedding world) and yes, I dyed my hair to match the purple in my wedding dress.
A good friend of mine is also doing a purple theme wedding next year and I pulled together a list of some of the purple theme cocktails I’d looked at for our signature cocktail. We ended up not pulling off a signature cocktail, but I figured someone else could maybe use the info.
Hpnotiq Harmonie is a lilac infused liqueur with a shockingly purple color. It’s the perfect shade of purple for creating funky colored cocktails. They’ve got a slew of cocktail ideas on their website, but the one pictured above is my favorite Hpnotiq – the Harmonie Blush!
- 2 oz. Hpnotiq Harmonie
- 1 oz. Premium Vodka
- Splash of Cranberry Juice
Directions: Shake well and strain into a Martini glass. Garnish with a candied violet or lemon twist.
A few other purple cocktails we were considering.
- Purple Rain– vodka, raspberry liqueur and blue curacao might be a little too sweet, also available as an alternate version with gin
- Blackberry Mint Julep – I’m mildly obsessed with mint juleps, but it might take too long if you need a lot of them
- Lavender Champagne Cocktails – lots of variations of lavender+champagne out there, this one looked easy for large groups
- Grape Elderflower Fizz – great for a fall wedding, concord grapes would look lovely as a garnish
Happy signature cocktail hunting.
One thought on “Purple Signature Party Cocktails”
The lavender champagne looks so elegant! Unfortunately, lavender is a friend of the summer – not February. This is a great post. I’m glad we can share our purple obsession. XOXO.