It’s getting ever closer to summer and I’m starting to crave the fruity cocktails that go along with warmer weather. There’s something about berries in particular that always reminds me of lounging during the warmer months. This raspberry simple syrup is quick and easy and can be used in many, many tasty drinks.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cup raspberries (washed and dried)
- Combine sugar and water in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until sugar dissolves (liquid will ‘clear up’)
- Add raspberries and bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low. Cook (keeping a watchful eye!) for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain syrup carefully (it’s probably still hot) and cool completely. I put mine in mason jars, but any airtight container will work. Will keep for approx. 2 weeks in refrigerator.