SF Cocktail Week’s second annual Legends Awards were held last night in the Swedish American Hall. The swanky event celebrated local cocktail industry innovators and influencers and, of course, included an open bar with fabulous cocktails.
Congratulations to all five of the winners:
- Trailblazer – Allison Evanow, CEO and Founder of Square One Organic Spirits.
- Mentor – Erik Adkins, Bar Manager of the Slanted Door.
- Lifetime Achievement – Miles Karakasevic, 13th Generation Master Distiller at Charbay.
- Renegade – Martin Cate, Owner, Smuggler’s Cove.
- Scribe – Camper English, Journalist, Alcademics.com.
The cocktails were top notch, I especially liked the St. Gv. (photo below), which was served with an orchid floating on top.
Here’s a list of the cocktails (and their ingredients) from the event:
- Black Lily – Cointreau, Fernet Branca, and lime juice.
- St. Gv. – Remy V cognac, St. Germain, sparkling wine and lemon twist. Served with an orchid.
- Caribeno Especiale – Brugal Extra Dry Rum, Oxley Gin, lime cordial, sugar, coconut water, and lime wheel.
- Helena Del Arandas – Charbay Tequeilla and Charbay Green Tea aperitif
- Royal Warran – The Black Grouse, Antica Formula and dill-infused dry vermouth.
- 18 & 1/2 Year Cherry – Highland 18 yo, Punt e Mes vermouth and Boiron Cherry puree
Tonight: The Altered State Fair at the new Food Truck grotto Mission Dispatch in the SOMA.
PS: I’ll take any excuse to get dressed up with my honey – here we are in our James Bond meets 1960s Vegas outfits: