It’s summer and the strawberries are RIPE for the eating – and the cocktail-making. This spicy margarita hits the spot on a hot summer afternoon.
- 1 oz. Cointreau
- 2 oz. blanco tequila
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 2-3 strawberries, plus one for garnish
- 3 dashes angostura bitters
Optional: cinnamon and sugar (for rim)
- Muddle strawberries in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add Cointreau, tequila, fresh lime juice and bitters and shake with ice.
- Strain over ice in a rocks glass and garnish with a strawberry.
- Optional – if you’re feeling extra fancy, mix 2 parts sugar and 1 part cinnamon together and apply it to the rim of the glass.
(recipe provided via Cointreau)