The search for craft cocktail ingredients continues. Found a drink recipe that used this amazing sounding strawberry mint simple syrup from Nashville’s playful Bang Candy Company on the Garden & Gun website this morning. The non-boozy version of Strawberry-Mint Soda sounded fantastic and it got my brain spinning on how I could use the basket of strawberries in the fridge.
After a bit of googling, I crafted a recipe and got making, thanks to Southern Lady magazine for their Strawberry Mojito recipe, which pointed me in the right direction (available here). This ingredient is easy to make and fabulous craft cocktail addition. Would probably also be quite tasty with non-boozy lemonade.
This recipe makes approx. 2 1/2 cups of finished, strained syrup.
- strawberries (hulled, sliced)
- mint leaves (chopped)
- Combine sugar and water in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until sugar dissolves (liquid will ‘clear up’)
- Add strawberries and bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low. Cook (keeping a watchful eye!) for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add mint leaves. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain syrup carefully (it’s probably still hot) and cool completely. I put mine in mason jars, but any airtight container will work. Will keep for approx. 2 weeks.
Coming soon -> cocktails containing strawberry mint simple syrup!