The Ward Eight is an old school cocktail, similar to a Whiskey Sour, created in Boston (and named in celebration of a local political hero in 1898). Fresh juice (orange and lemon) make this an especially delicious treat!
Someday, I’ll try my hand at homemade Grenadine, for now, we’re using premade from Stirrings.
- 2 ounces rye whiskey (I used High West, but Bulleit would also be delicious!)
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grenadine
- Orange peel (for garnish)
- Combine whiskey, juices and teaspoon of grenadine in mixing glass with ice
- Shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with orange peel (optional)