Trying to keep it easy this summer? If you’re looking for a mocktail to sip at a BBQ or picnic this summer, something refreshing but not boozy, with a bit of a kick, the Espresso Tonic is for you!
An Espresso Tonic mocktail is a refreshing and unique drink that combines the bold flavors of espresso with the effervescence of tonic water. Keep reading for a simple recipe for you to enjoy:
- 2 oz espresso (chilled)
- 4-6 oz tonic water (chilled)*
- Ice cubes
- Lemon or lime wedge (for garnish, optional)
* We like Fever Tree Tonic water best
- Prepare the espresso: Brew a double shot of espresso using your espresso machine or Moka pot. Let the espresso cool down to room temperature, and then chill it in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Fill a glass with ice: Choose a tall glass and fill it with ice cubes. The ice will keep your mocktail cool and refreshing.
- Add the chilled espresso: Pour the chilled espresso over the ice in the glass. The strong and rich coffee flavors will be the base of your mocktail.
- Pour in the tonic water: Slowly pour 4-6 ounces of chilled tonic water over the espresso. The tonic water’s carbonation will add a delightful fizz to your mocktail.
- Stir gently: Use a cocktail stirrer or a long spoon to gently stir the ingredients together. Be careful not to over-stir to preserve the carbonation.
- Garnish (optional): For an extra touch of freshness, garnish your espresso tonic cocktail with a lemon or lime wedge. The citrus notes will complement the coffee flavors beautifully.
- Serve and enjoy: Your espresso tonic mocktail is ready to be savored. Take a sip and relish the unique combination of bold espresso and bubbly tonic water.
- If you prefer a sweeter version, you can add a little simple syrup or flavored syrup to the cocktail. Adjust the sweetness to your liking.
- Experiment with different ratios of espresso to tonic water to find the perfect balance that suits your taste. Whether you’re a coffee lover or a cocktail enthusiast, this espresso tonic cocktail is a delightful and invigorating beverage for any time of the day. Cheers!
Let us know if you try this fun, alcohol-free treat!