Was talking to my coworkers about the wealth of amazing Peruvian food available here in San Francisco (seriously, go to La Mar for the ceviche, you won’t regret it) which got me thinking about the top notch Pisco Sours I made for the family over the holidays. I had just enough Pisco Porton from a sample bottle to mix up a few small taster cocktails to kick off the night’s celebration.
Pisco Sour Recipe
- 2 oz Pisco (We like Pisco Porton)
- 1 oz Fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 oz Simple syrup
- 1 Egg white
- Angostura bitters
- Garnish: lime wedge (optional)
- As with all drinks with egg white, the key to getting the appropriate froth is to ‘dry shake’ all of the ingredients (except batters) before adding ice.
- After dry shaking, add the ice and shake again.
- Strain into glass and add a few drops of bitters directly to the froth and garnish with lime wheel.